In The Drawing Room
Ken Anton invites you to join him In the Drawing Room here at Radio Brockley for an hour of light classical and chamber music. There’s more than just the music, with stories about some of the tunes too, for example:
- the rehearsals for this music proved so popular that 12,000 people tried to attend, causing complete chaos in the roads in London – in 1749!
- the composer who was playing the zither in a beer garden when a film director walked by, and asked him to compose music for a film score
- a Grand March from an opera written to celebrate the opening of the Suez Canal, but the first performance was two years late
- a keyboard player who survived a Nazi concentration camp
- another keyboard player who is an amateur, and has a day-job as a computer programmer